Delicious.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Whipped Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
Filling:
2/3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 tbs. margarine, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Mix ingredients until well blended. Shape into 24 balls. Set aside.
Cupcakes:
1 1/2 c. sugar
8 tbs. margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 c. flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix sour cream, milk, and vanilla; set aside. Beat sugar and margarine until blended. Add eggs; beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream mixture. Beat just until ingredients are combined.
Spoon one heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin-tin cup. Drop one peanut butter ball in center of each cup and top with another heaping tablespoon of batter. Bake cupcakes 20 minutes in 350 degree oven. Cool completely.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tbs. margarine, softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. cool whip
Beat butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth and blended. Add powdered sugar slowly. Add cool whip and beat until smooth and creamy. Frosts lots of cupcakes. (I had a lot of frosting left over, but I think I added too much cool whip.)
Disclaimer: this is my version of the recipe. The one I found was a little bit confusing.... Also, I almost never mix together the dry ingredients before adding. I just add one or two at a time (I leave the flour for last, and add it one cup at a time.), making sure that any salt, baking soda, or baking powder is in my first "add" so that they are mixed in well. It works for me. And the cupcakes taste pretty darn good.
Try freezing them and then eating, it makes them even better. That is if they are like the cupcakes we had at camp and they look very similar
ReplyDeleteYUMMO! Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are enjoying your family vacation
ReplyDelete