An Important Question
I put up a video. I'm pretty excited about embedding a youtube clip for the first time. Check it out.
But that's not really why I'm posting today. I have a question. I covet your answer. Because I'm confused. And maybe crazy?
I have this quotation on my desk at school, because these are words that tug at my heartstrings, words that help me keep my own "issues" in perspective, words that mean to me that my job is worth every second.
Politics and whatnot aside, what does this mean to you? Do you agree with it? Think it's stupid? It means nothing? Please take a minute to respond. I really want to know.
But that's not really why I'm posting today. I have a question. I covet your answer. Because I'm confused. And maybe crazy?
I have this quotation on my desk at school, because these are words that tug at my heartstrings, words that help me keep my own "issues" in perspective, words that mean to me that my job is worth every second.
"For these are all our children; we will all profit by or pay for what they become." -James Baldwin
Politics and whatnot aside, what does this mean to you? Do you agree with it? Think it's stupid? It means nothing? Please take a minute to respond. I really want to know.
We've had lots of discussion lately about how scared we are for the world our children will grow up in. And it just doesn't seem fair that they will be inheriting all the mess we are making (hopefully not "we" personally, but definitely "we" globally). And I think we both feel some ownership of children not our own. We love kids. They are "our" kids. You were our kid. We just try to do our best every day. For our kids and our other kids. I know you are doing the same. Love you-- Erin
ReplyDeleteI take it as they are our future. They can be no better or no worse than what we teach them to be. If we do the job properly they'll step into adulthood and be leaders who will do good things and will guide the next generation. If we do a poor job they are the ones that will lead us down the path to failure. This is because of two things; they are not living up to all they could accomplish and aren't the people they could be. If this happens, we have failed them somehow and it is not just their loss but ours too.
ReplyDelete