We're Not Gonna Take It! Part II
Freaking frustrating. Those two words describe the relationship between DISH Network and myself (Brad). Even though something as trivial as television service is, I expect the service that I pay for. A novel concept! Through the last few years of having DISH, I have made at least a dozen calls to complain about losing our signal. Today was the last straw, we had not had any service for the last 24 hrs (no storms have passed through in that time period) and they offered to send someone out to fix it for free.
- Flashback to before we moved - Me: How much longer are we under contract for our DISH? DISH Lady: it looks like you only have 5 months remaining. Me: Great, thanks!
- Back to the future - Today I asked the customer service rep how much longer we had, because we are unhappy with the amount of times we lose signal, and how it is dangerous for us in Kansas when we lose signal during thunder storms, and I am told that we are under contract for another YEAR! I was upset and asked how much it would be to cancel service because I didn't feel that we were being treated as customers who have been loyal for almost 2 years. They tell me that it is $10 for each remaining month, and then offer me a $10 a month discount for the next 6 months. I chuckled and said no thank you, it would be worth our money and safety to discontinue having DISH. I know that Megan's parents have DISH and rarely have problems, that is why I was very excited to initially sign up. But since the first day of having DISH it has been nothing but a pain. It looks like Megan and I will be entering the "Digital Age" with Cox Cable.
I know again that this is trivial and some what materialistic (or Snooty Tooty) complaint in the grand scheme of things, but there are many days after being at school from 7:00 to 3:20 and then heading to practice from 3:30 to 6:00 then grading papers for an hour that I would like to relax and watch the Royals, Jayhawks or the Daily Show to unwind from my day of 5th graders griping about each other and high school girls and their inherent attitude towards everything.
- Flashback to before we moved - Me: How much longer are we under contract for our DISH? DISH Lady: it looks like you only have 5 months remaining. Me: Great, thanks!
- Back to the future - Today I asked the customer service rep how much longer we had, because we are unhappy with the amount of times we lose signal, and how it is dangerous for us in Kansas when we lose signal during thunder storms, and I am told that we are under contract for another YEAR! I was upset and asked how much it would be to cancel service because I didn't feel that we were being treated as customers who have been loyal for almost 2 years. They tell me that it is $10 for each remaining month, and then offer me a $10 a month discount for the next 6 months. I chuckled and said no thank you, it would be worth our money and safety to discontinue having DISH. I know that Megan's parents have DISH and rarely have problems, that is why I was very excited to initially sign up. But since the first day of having DISH it has been nothing but a pain. It looks like Megan and I will be entering the "Digital Age" with Cox Cable.
I know again that this is trivial and some what materialistic (or Snooty Tooty) complaint in the grand scheme of things, but there are many days after being at school from 7:00 to 3:20 and then heading to practice from 3:30 to 6:00 then grading papers for an hour that I would like to relax and watch the Royals, Jayhawks or the Daily Show to unwind from my day of 5th graders griping about each other and high school girls and their inherent attitude towards everything.
Haha Brad, that's what you get for coaching girls and teaching 5th grades......oh wait, I'm going to do that :(
ReplyDelete