thankful Thursday

It's been a while since I did a "thankful" post of any sort.

I know I've posted on this before, but I'm going to say it again. I don't think I can say it too many times.

Today, I'm especially grateful for a healthy little boy, as a year ago we were sitting in the hospital, through chest x-rays and blood draws and a spinal tap, waiting to find out what was making our baby so sick. We never got real answers, but he got better - and in the end, that's what matters. I'm thankful for that, and I'm thankful that memories fade, that this mostly feels so distant from where we are today.


My heart aches for the mommies and daddies waiting to find out why their baby is sick, for the mommies and daddies waiting for their baby to get better, for the mommies and daddies aching to hold their baby again.

So, as I say prayers for their comfort, I say prayers of thanksgiving for the health of my wild, independent, one-of-a-kind little man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story