friday fun day

No pictures. Just random thoughts.

I just adore Friday evenings. Adore them. I feel so peaceful, mostly because I don't let myself do anything that is a "have to do." Unless it's also a "want to do" at that particular moment.

Yesterday and today I came home and put on sweats (well, okay, yesterday it was snowflake pajama pants). I'm so excited about this cool weather.

This week was not a great one for our menu plan. I think we had what we planned two out of the last five nights. And we're not going to tonight, either, since I don't want to cook and Brad is at "Family Fun Night" for the next hour or so. Oh well. I'm grateful to have the luxury of flexibility in our food choices, and there's always next week, right? And this means we don't have to buy nearly as many groceries...

Today was my third full school day in an elementary library. I thought, going in, that I would really dislike it and feel completely out of my element, but so far I have loved every second, even teaching a lesson to first graders. I probably still wouldn't say that an elementary position would be my first choice, but I'd definitely apply and see what happens if a job were to pop up (not that there are any right now).

After school today I got a text message from my co-teacher that she and our para don't like it when I'm gone. I panicked and asked how bad the kids were. Jayka replied that the kids were great. She and the para just "didn't have any fun" without me. Ha! Who knew teacher Megan was such a good time?! She also told me I'm not allowed to apply for any library jobs and leave her. Hmm...

Tomorrow the plan is have lunch with a friend and to get lots and lots and lots of things done - laundry, cleaning, artifact selection, reflective statements, journal entries, and possibly even some progress on the final portfolio website (although most of those things count as progress toward the portfolio. We'll see... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL: Caught

Give away!

Lincoln Jesse Kohlman: Birth Story