Perspective
Do you ever find out something about someone you've known only recently that makes you want to start over with your relationship with them?
I know this is vague. Today I learned something that made me really stop and think and, this is the tough one, reconsider my actions a little. Am I insensitive? innocent because I didn't know? mean? too easily irritated? too impatient? a horrible person in general? human?
I want a do-over for this. Pretty please. I beat myself up for a few minutes, before realizing that it's okay. It's really not my fault, and no one is blaming me because I honestly didn't know any better. But now I do, so things will change, get better. I'm not sure how, but I will work at it until they do.
I don't get a new chance at this... so now I just have to work really hard to make this chance better. I just needed a little reminder of that, for now and for later.
I know this is vague. Today I learned something that made me really stop and think and, this is the tough one, reconsider my actions a little. Am I insensitive? innocent because I didn't know? mean? too easily irritated? too impatient? a horrible person in general? human?
I want a do-over for this. Pretty please. I beat myself up for a few minutes, before realizing that it's okay. It's really not my fault, and no one is blaming me because I honestly didn't know any better. But now I do, so things will change, get better. I'm not sure how, but I will work at it until they do.
I don't get a new chance at this... so now I just have to work really hard to make this chance better. I just needed a little reminder of that, for now and for later.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment to let me know you were here!