Humbly Proud
I grew up knowing that "pride goeth before a fall." I even have an uncle that (dare I say it?!) is due for a big fall any day now. For as long as I can remember, I knew how much he annoyed everyone else, so I made sure to be the opposite. I spent a lot of time apologizing for my mistakes and even sometimes for my accomplishments - or just ignoring those.
But, a few years ago, a wise woman told me that it's okay to be "humbly proud" - you know, tell people about it without being a snob. It's better than putting yourself down; I'm working on it. So here it is... I am "humbly proud" of myself...
Brad's birthday was yesterday. I made a cake. Though I am well-versed in basketball, Christmas, and Easter egg cookies, this was my first attempt at decorating a cake. I used too much frosting, and it's a little sloppy. But I did it.

He was in awe. He kept saying, over and over "I got a Ken Griffey Jr. cake!" (The autograph is KGJr., copied from one of Brad's baseballs.)


I am also humbly proud of my husband. He spent almost his entire birthday installing the wood floor. Brad and Greg are almost done! It's sooo close to looking like a house again! Greg is coming back tomorrow.

-Megan
But, a few years ago, a wise woman told me that it's okay to be "humbly proud" - you know, tell people about it without being a snob. It's better than putting yourself down; I'm working on it. So here it is... I am "humbly proud" of myself...
Brad's birthday was yesterday. I made a cake. Though I am well-versed in basketball, Christmas, and Easter egg cookies, this was my first attempt at decorating a cake. I used too much frosting, and it's a little sloppy. But I did it.
He was in awe. He kept saying, over and over "I got a Ken Griffey Jr. cake!" (The autograph is KGJr., copied from one of Brad's baseballs.)
I am also humbly proud of my husband. He spent almost his entire birthday installing the wood floor. Brad and Greg are almost done! It's sooo close to looking like a house again! Greg is coming back tomorrow.
-Megan
That is the coolest birthday cake I've ever seen, way to go Meggie!!!!!! Also the floors look really good, I can't wait to see them in person.
ReplyDelete