Here is it... I made it out of some old jeans - without a real pattern, even. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I don't have any pictures of our actual guests (because it's a little awkward to tell your friends you have to take a pictures of them so you can blog), but we had our friends, Ty and Melissa, over last night. They have a lot to celebrate these days - Ty got a job with New York Life and passed a big test yesterday and they're expecting their first kiddo in February. We were happy to party with them! We grilled some burgers, with the typical chips and baked beans for sides. (Kind of forgot about the fruit salad in the fridge... oops!) And of course, there was chocolate zucchini cake for dessert and a few rounds of Catch Phrase after we ate.
(I do have to make the disclaimer here that I didn't actually clean for them. Brad volunteered, since he invited them. Yeah, I know I'm lucky.)
So here is the part of the list that is yet to be completed... I have just about 5 1/2 months to go.
2. finish black and white quilt (in progress: quilting it!)
3. start grad school (August 27 is orientation and the 1st day of class)
10. catch up with Brad's basketball book (I don't really scrapbook anymore, so I'm having a hard time finding motivation for this one)
11. make braided cinnamon bread
12. touch up ceiling paint mistakes and stains (in progress: bleached the water stains on the ceiling. need to get paint for the paint mistakes)
14. make a fray blanket with mom
15. write down Christmas memories
16. make something old/ugly/cheap into something nice (in progress)21. take Brad to a Wingnuts game